Friday, November 13, 2009

Hi, David

I had to give my husband a shout-out, because I am pretty sure he's the only person who is still subscribed to this blog, since I haven't updated since two summers ago. Oops.

Since I last posted, we've moved to Texas, and I gained a bunch of weight. I also cut all my hair off. Sigh. I think on the day of the triathlon, I weighed round about 200, maybe a little less. Now I probably weigh about 220. SWEET TEA IS GOOD, OK?? And Sonic will serve you 44 ounces of it for like a dollar if you go at the right time of day.

My most recent accomplishment was polishing off a jar of Nutella in one week. Yeah. It was like a compulsion. It was in the house, so I had to eat it. I was actually relieved when I took the last bite and threw the container in the trash. Mental Jennifer is mental.

In true JenontheRun fashion, I have a plan! Yesterday, while utilizing my time at work to the best of my abilities, I registered for the Zooma Austin Women's (even though men are allowed, which I think is lame, since it's billed as a women's race) Half Marathon http://www.zoomarun.com/austin.
There are 133 days until race day. I'm not tooootally out of shape, but I do weigh 220 pounds, so there's that. I did a fitness boot camp a couple months ago and was able to run a mile in 12:47, but I haven't run since then. I take that back. I've run twice.

Suffice it to say, I have not been doing a stellar job. Stay tuned to this blog to see how it turns out. Will Jennifer successfully run the half marathon in March 2010? Will Jennifer become the next contestant on the Biggest Loser? Will Jennifer drown in a vat of sweet tea?

1 comment:

LiveMom said...

Hey- it's Catherine. I weigh a ton, too. Let's start this night running thing.